Review: Tony Moly Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack

So finally i'll be able to review something from a long time ago! I bought Tomatox before the year ended ;) I'm obviously a slow-poke geek who apparently doesn't know how to manage her time. Like right now, I am on the verge of setting myself on fire because I'm already leaving for Manila and this is the only time I ever got the chance to write again on the blog. Okay I admit, I was obviously playing Dragon Nest and my mom got mad at me and said DN is evil and stuff, that I wasn't paying attention to her when she's talking (because I am wearing headphones)...and that I wasn't even able to go to church this morning because I got lazy and did not get up early in the morning. She's right, though. Anyway...


One of the bestsellers of Tony Moly is the Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack.

The one I got is from the new batch. I think they reformulated the ingredients and added more grams in the jar. They obviously did, because they also increased the price I think. Before, there were bead-like things that serves to exfoliate your face I think.

So the saleslady in Tony Moly told me it can also be used in other parts of the body like the underarm, knees, elbows, etc aside from the face.

The box includes a small spatula, like the one provided in the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX, so it's very hygienic.

One jar costs P500+ and contains 80g of creamy white stuff. The consistency is like cream. The smell is okay, though it doesn't smell anything like tomatoes.


For ingredients-conscious ladies (and gents) like me, here is the list!
So obviously I got worried because it has 'parabens', alcohol and fragrance in it.

Stated in the box: "Containing Tomato extracted water and Tomato ingredients, this multi-functional massage & pack birings instant dual magic brightening & vitalizing & detoxifying effects into the skin.

Being as a multi-functional product of soft massage & clearly wash off mask, Tomatox magic white massage pack delivers highly vitalizing, truly clarifying, magic brightening, skin hydration and protecting effects to the skin, leaves the skin amazingly bright, clear and supple."

Directions:
After washing and towel drying the face, take an adequate amount of the product and softly massage with finger tips about 1-2 minutes. After massage, leave it as mask pack for 5-10 minutes. Then gently wash it off only with tepid water (Do not use soap and/or foam cleanser). Tenderly town dry the skin with light patting motion (Dot not hardly rub).

Now for the test!

Applied some on the right part of the back of my hand...

Washed off after several minutes. I lost track of the time but it was definitely around 5-10 minutes. :D

Results! You could see that it visibly whitened the part where I applied the Tomatox, though it's not very obvious because of my crappy camera. Oh by the way, sorry for my dry skin. =P~ Anyway the tomatox made it look healthy afterwards. :))

Expiry date: 12 months after you open it.

Overall: I'd rate it as 3/5. I've been using it a few times now (on my face, ofcourse) and it really makes the skin look whiter. I don't know if it's really because of the detoxifying ingredients that the product claims though. Because part of me suspects that it makes the skin look whiter because the cream is not washed off completely. The effect is temporary to add, and it lasts only about half of the day if left unwashed. Oh and i have this zit on my face that worsened (swelled more/became more obvious) after I used Tomatox...this happened to me twice already so I make it a point to use the product only when I feel like using it, which is probably once a week. :D

Will i repurchase? There's still a long way to go before I finish the jar but I'll probably not repurchase because i want to try other products.

I bought this with my own money and the result photo is not photoshoped!

Bye~


Follow me on twitter and let's tweet!



10 comments:

Fashionable Memories said...

Thanks so much for the review!!! I'm so glad to have found your blog!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me. Thank you so much in advance! Have a nice Valentine day!!!

Gelianne Alba said...

wow, nice post! love your reviews! i am now following your blog coz i think i can learn a lot from you :) hope you'd have time to visit my blog and support/follow it too!

have a nice day!

http://thestatuesquecanvas.blogspot.com/

Bubble My Licorice said...

great review!
I've never tried this product! :)

Diana said...

Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

The Mommy Roves said...

Great review :) You're brave to try a lot of product to yourself! Thanks for giving us an idea to whether buy it or not!

PS: I have a giveaway on my blog :)
Rovie, The Bargain Doll
Win cute accessories from The Bead Diary! Join my blog giveaway :)

Unknown said...

oh! I think I need this cream!
tell me where you bought it please
www.sweetvictim.blogspot.com

Hzl said...

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate your lovely comments!

@Lucia - I got it from Tony Moly in the Philippines :) I think you could order online though

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting! xD

fashioneggpplant said...

the packaging makes it irrisistible!

Unknown said...

Great blog! I'm a new follower! Good to have met a fellow Thomasian blogger. I also have this white pack and like you, it has given me temporary results too! Good thing it did not break me out though. Anyway, hope you can support a newbie blogger because it would mean the world to me!

http://somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com/